The following are the per-requisites, terms and conditions that attendees (“Attendees”) of the Foundation Course’s Level 1&2 (the “Course”) and the Teacher Training Course, must as relevant either possess, fulfil or agree to:
Levels 1&2 must be completed before a candidate can apply for Yogabeats Teacher Training Course.
Foundation Levels 1&2
‘The Yogabeats Foundation Course is Unique in the world of Yoga, in that it is open to all practitioners and professionals outside of the yoga community’ David Sye
1. The applicant will have taken and passed a personal interview (the “Interview”) with David Sye prior to obtaining a place on the Course. The Interview is to either take place in person or over Skype. David Sye is to have sole discretion as to whether the Interview has been passed.
2. On successful completion of the Level 1 Course, the course certificate (the “Certificate”) will be presented to the successful Attendee. The Certificate will be valid for two years, which will begin immediately after successful completion of the Level 1 Course.
3. On Successful completion of the Level 2 Course, the course certificate (the “Certificate”) will extend validation for a further 2 years, which will begin immediately after successful completion of the Level 2 Course.
4.The certificates allow the successful candidate to include all the methodologies in their practice and teachings of others, but does not allow the candidate to call them selves Yogabeats Teachers. The Course does not constitute a qualification to teach yoga or Yogabeats and the Attendee must not hold themselves out to be a teacher of yoga or Yogabeats solely on the basis of having attended the Courses Levels 1&2.
5.The cost of attending the Course is £395 (2016) increasing to £450 (2017). Following acceptance on a course a deposit of £95 is required to secure a place. The remainder must be paid in full 6 weeks prior to Course date.
6. Successful completion of the Level 1&2 Courses is at the sole discretion of David Sye.
7. Successful completion of the Level 1&2 Courses will provide the Attendee with a discount should they wish to take part in the Yogabeats Teacher Training Course at a later date.
Level 3 Yogabeats Teacher Training
This Level is the only one restricted to yoga teachers exclusively.
To attend the Yogabeats Teacher Training, the attendee must have successfully completed Foundation Levels 1&2, and hold a valid certificate.
8. Attendees must possess a valid insurance policy to teach yoga that meets with David Sye’s satisfaction (the “Policy”) at the time of the Interview, for the duration of the Course and for the period when they possess a valid Certificate (including any period of time when the Certificate has been renewed following successful completion of Yogabeats Teacher Training). A copy of the Policy must be provided to David Sye at the time of the Interview. A copy of any updated/replacement Policy must also be provided to David Sye once it has been obtained. The Certificate will be invalid at any time that the Policy is not held.
9. Holders of the Teacher Training Certificate will be required to update every 3 years. Refresher days will be arranged to facilitate this requirement.
10. Costs for Yogabeats Teacher Training to be announced.
11. Attendees must have signed either an online or hard copy of the Course application forms as relevant prior to taking a place on any of the Courses.
12. Attendees must sign a disclaimer absolving David Sye and or Yogabeats from any claims or liability that may arise in relation to any subsequent activities that relate to the 3 Step Courses, in particular, but not just from, any teaching of yoga by the Attendee
13. At any time during the Course or when holding a valid Certificate, the Attendee must not in any way carry out any activities that cause loss, harm or damage to David Sye or to Yogabeats.
14. Subject to all of the above, the holder of a valid Certificate will on the basis of holding a Certificate, be able to hold themselves out only as a Certificate holder, but should their Certificate cease to be valid the Attendee will no longer be able to hold themselves out as someone that has successfully completed the Courses, or as a Certificate holder.
15. A Certificate can be revoked at any time by David Sye at his reasonable discretion.